WOODSIDE BULK MATERIALS FACILITY
Client: LAING O’ROURKE CONSTRUCTION Date: Jan2009 – Jul 2009
Weldtech Oilfield Services was mobilized to Karratha to engage in all on-site Fabrication and Hot work Support for Laing O’Rourke Construction at the BMF (Bulk Material Facility) in 2009.
The success of the project hinged around Weldtech Oilfield Services ability to mobilize to site quickly with the correct equipment and experienced Marine personnel. Weldtech Oilfield Services also succeeded with creating a safe and efficient methodology using many Wharf Access Techniques to accelerate the majority of the mwelding program
The work scope included:
- Marking and cutting of driven piles to surveyed levels
- Pile splicing of sheet piles (On ground and in position)
- Cutting of tie rod penetrations through sheet pile clutches.
- Installation and Welding of all Whaler Beam Packers and Associated Plates and fittings.
- Installation and welding of Top Rope Guard around entire perimeter of Wharf sheet piling.
- Assist in all Wharf Bollard Formwork Installations and Modifications
- Install and Weld all fender support brackets along the seaward side of Wharf sheet piling.
- Carryout on site repairs to all earth moving equipment both on site and for VAN OORD dredge alongside